Friday 28 January 2011

Practice making CD covers -First attempt




I am practicing making cd covers in Adobe Fireworks CS5 and Adobe photoshop CS5. This has helped me as it will give me better experience when it comes to making our cd cover for our music video. I have chosen Usher as he is one of my favourite R&B singers and is recognised everywhere. I decided to do a Monochrome scheme as it is quite simple and shows that not much effort has to be put into it to make it good, as he is well known and most of the attention is on the artist. However, I decided to add a splash of red on the back of the cd cover underneath where the picture of Usher is standing, you can also see a bit of red on the top of Ushers picture. Red also helps break up the black and white and makes it eye catching.
On the front of the cd cover, a mid shot is used of Usher, therefore it focuses on the artist. I chose this picture for the front cover of the cd, as it portrays Usher in a friendly manner as he is smiling and looking warmly towards the camera in this shot. Consequently this would more than likely cause the audience to buy his cd, as he is shown in a positive way, therefore is more influencial. I also chose it as his hands are in a love heart shape which once again emphasies his friendly manner, but I thought would also be good was to put his name in this love heart shape.
This photo of Usher also shows him showing the usual conventions of an R&B artist as he has alot of expensive and 'chunky' jewerlly on. This shows his wealth and makes him desireable and aspiational to both females and males.

No comments:

Post a Comment